Tuesday 28 May 2013

Brief 1: Bella Rae Photography



Brief 1 was a collaboration with a third year Photography student at Manchester Art School. She originally approached me to design a publication for one of her projects, so I took the opportunity to turn it into a brief and originally intended to design her branding, identity and a 32 page A4 publication (now called 'Pure Imagination'). There was a lot of contact and discussion about the format of publication, and and the publication started coming together I decided to extend the brief by designing two more publications showcasing her work. This became one of my favourites projects on the course so far and I am very pleased with how the publications have come out, especially Bella's Portfolio. This brief taught my a lot about collaborating with someone who was not in the same city or on the same course. There were a couple of set backs where a continual string of shoots had to be cancelled, pushing the print deadline further and further back. In the end I made the decision to cut the final photograph from the 'Pure Imagination' so I could get the books printed, this ended up sorting out another problem I was having with the pagination. I was still really enjoying the brief, I ended up extending it again to proposing an exhibition and designing a range of print that would promote her work. This was one of the most enjoyable and most rewarding briefs, there was a strong working relationship with Bella throughout the brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment