Monday 13 May 2013

Brief 4: Frozen Yoghurt Packaging Range // Stage 1

This is the third of the yoghurt range, the frozen range. I wanted this to stand out against the other two and make it clear that it is frozen, so by using white it looks like ice snow. I am keeping the general format of the label the same but just going to make small changes. The label below is just the large yoghurt design applied on a white background. 




The first and main change I am making is adding 'FROZEN' to the labels; for this I wanted to either use a very bold typeface, to represent the strength of ice block and the how hard ice / frozen food is, or to use a very fine and slightly decorative typeface to represent the finer details of the frozen icicles that can occur. 


My original idea was to use the word frozen like a stamp over the main logo, but this didn't seem to work and just ruined the logo and looked cheap. I decided that the FROZEN needed to be more integrated into the actual logo rather than just looking like an extra. The other pace that I could do this was either above the flavour, or within the 'premium' puds section, I decided that it would look too crowded to place it in the flavour, and it would look more compact / formalised if I placed in in the premium puds part because of the two lines bordering the logo. 








This is the logo I have gone with this one because it looks compact, the text is bold enough to stand out but it doesn't completely draw the eye away from the rest of the label and the colour. 




A mock up of what I want the pots to look like. Ice cream pots at the moment generally have a colour rim around the lid - so for each flavour I will use the gradient of the flavour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment