Wednesday 15 May 2013

Brief 1: Off To Print

I decided to get these publications professionally printed by Duffields in Leeds because I wanted the highest quality stock and printing as they are a large part of Bella's Final Piece.

When Bella was here last week we went down to talk to Duffields about the printing and costs and have a look at the stocks they offered.

My originaly intensions was to have the publications perfectly bound but unfortunately because I am only printing two copies of each publication on a digital printer, the minimun cost for this is £100, a little out of our price range. This was the same both at Duffields and at Pressision. My one worry for a perfectly bound publication for the 'Pure Imagination' would be that I would loose some of the photograph in the centre of when being bound.

I sent the pdf documents off this morning. I have settled with saddle stitch binding (staples) but I intend to mock up a perfectly bound version of the portfolio and I am awaiting the proof. There should be a 2-3 day turn around so I hope to have the publications by the end of the week.









No comments:

Post a Comment