Saturday 11 May 2013

Brief 1: Pure Imagination // Problem 3...Contents Page

This was the original photograph which I had used for the contents page. Just like the issue Bella and I discussed about the front cover, this image had been used in the book so it needed to be changed. I originally chose this photograph because the way in which the model is showing the contents of her mouth fits well with the writing about the contents of the book. 



New Photograph

I still wanted the photograph for this spread to be related to the contents...so using the mouth from any photograph would hopefully fit. This is another photograph which Bella Rae took earlier for the Violet Baurdillard shoot that she didn't use. The colour here also had to be adapted because of the Gell lighting and the bright RGB colours. 


Initial Layout

Taking the idea of focusing of the contents of the mouth I enlarged and cropped the photo. I didn't think this worked because I thought it was too suggestive didn't have much of an impact. The other photo I used for the contents page showed some of the face. 




This is the layout I have gone for because there is a balance between seeing the face and the focus of the mouth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment