Monday 13 May 2013

Brief 1: Portfolio // Front Cover

I used the same format for the front and back cover for the 'Pure Imagination' publication by having a full bleed image. I think this is the strongest image from the whole project but it didn't fit well with the other images because it is very zoomed in and focuses more on the model's face rather than the clothing. It was perfect for the front cover, the main issue was that it is portrait orientation so it wouldn't spread well over the back cover. I didn't want to use a different image for the back cover as there would be too much contrast so I just vertically flipped it.

I wanted to have the logo quite large because it was going to be the only piece of text on the front cover. In an earlier discussion with Bella about the front cover, she wanted to have the word 'portfolio' written on the front, just like the cover of 'Oh Comley Magazane' has it, but I didn't think this was necessary and thought the logo provided enough information about the publication.

I wanted to get a balance between having a large logo, without it being too large that it covered the and drew they away away from the photograph.





Bella originally wanted to have a whole spread on me, my work and as a designer because this portfolio is a three way collaboration, however I felt that it was more appropriate to focus on her work and Caiti's clothes, so instead I have just placed my details on the back cover.


I wanted to have the text in white to match the logo but it wasn't clear enough and didn't work when aligned on the right side of the back cover. 




Chosen alignment - left and in black. 





No comments:

Post a Comment