Tuesday 7 May 2013

Brief 1: Violoet Photograph // Changing the Colour

When I initially printed out this spread, on screen the photo looked great, however the print out was far too dark (because I hadn't changed the mode to CMYK) so I had to go back and make the photograph lighter, print out and then decide. These are some of the variations I tested out.


The problem I found trying to edit the photograph was getting a balance between not making the photograph too bright and washing out the face with colour or white, and not making the background too dark.

The other problem that occurred was that through making the photograph lighter, the image became less and less realistic. The pink already makes the photo look unrealistic in comparison to the rest of the image in the book, so I had to be careful not to make it too unrealistically pink.




This is the image I went for; on screen it looks slightly faded but printed out it it looks really good, there is a good balance of colour and the eyes are the darkest yet clearest point of the image so become the focus which is what I wanted to maintain.


No comments:

Post a Comment