Wednesday 15 May 2013

Brief 1: Business Card Mock Ups

I tested out two stocks for the business cards. One was a coated stock which looked similar to photographic paper, the other was a more uneven, waxy stock which I thought would make the business cards look interesting, and slightly more artistic. 

I mounted the cards on black card stock, testing two different weightings out. The first, I mounted the photographic, landscape business cards. Although this made the cards feel and look good, the card was so thick that I couldn't cut it with a knife, and it was almost two thick for the guillotine. I thought the second, much thinner stock would be too thin however I after comparing the two samples of business cards, I think the black, 400g card stock was more appropriate. 



I chose ten portrait photographs and ten landscape photographs for the business cards as I felt this would be enough but not too many, to showcase Bella's best work, enough to demonstrate the large range of skills and style of photography that Bella produces. 


This card was printed on the coated 250g stock and mounted on the thicker black card stock. 


The contrast in the deluxe black cards. The left column of cards is printed on the thicker black card, and the right side is mounted on the thinner stock. From this photo I think the left side, the thicker card stock looks better, however when you handle them they are too thick.


Other Images of the Business Cards


No comments:

Post a Comment