Saturday 11 May 2013

Brief 1: Pure Imagination // Latest layout in Colour

I have picked two of the most prominent colours in each image that both contrast and compliment each other well. The black of the text box overpowered and distracted from each of the images and now each of the spreads look more balanced and the eye is taken directly to the photograph. 


Other changes that I made was reducing the size of the typeface form 10 to 9 point, and keeping the tracking at 14 point. I also changed the width of the text box from 3 columns to 2 colums so the text would look more compact. 

The text of each spread look much better now it is more of a unit and it is balanced out well with the arrangement of the page numbers. 



With photographs like this were the main colours are black / white (apart from the hair colour) I had to use the brightest colour rather than the most used colour; for this I used the nail varnish and the colour of her skin.







These colours I am still slightly questioning, at the moment they are the colour of the pills and the blue around the hair; I am worried that they will be too dark in comparison to the rest of the image so Ill have to check in a print tester and come back to it. For the time being the colours work, but I think Ill remove the blue and have a different pink variation. 


This photograph in itself is very vibrant, similar to the first image, so I have used the two brightest colours to match the photograph and make the text blend in; however I feel that when printed out these colours will be much darker than they are on screen.



This is the layout for the final image which I am still waiting for. I would like to have the text on the left hand side so there is a bit of variation from the previous spreads as the last three have all had the text on the right hand side.

No comments:

Post a Comment