Tuesday 7 May 2013

Brief 1: Logo and back of the business cards

I have been sent a range of images which Bella thought was her strongest work so that I can use them on the business cards. I have also gone through her blog and added a few to the collection, images that I believe would go well with the logo. I intend to have as many different editions of the business card so people can see the range of photography and skills Bella has achieved in her work. The business cards are going to be both portrait and landscape orientated because Bella's photos are a mixture.



Normally I would try to avoid central alignment however in this case I felt that it really didn't work and in this case the business cards suited the a central alignment. 



I didn't feel white was as strong as black on the back of the business cards. When it comes to printing the business cards I will try having white backgrounds for those cards with the white logo and vica versa. 




Testing out the placement of both the logo and the text, I felt that it was better centrally alined and more spaced apart otherwise the impact of the logo is lost with the type. 



Applied to a landscape orientation - I have kept it centrally aligned to maintain the constancy. I originally started using Futura light, however when this printed out I felt that the website and anything below was smothered by the black so I changed it to Helvetica Neue. 


Futura Light / Bold


Helvetica Neue (& Bold)



This is the layout I have gone for. I have reduced the size of the logo and text slightly in comparison to the one above because I felt it was too close to the edge of the business card. 









No comments:

Post a Comment