Tuesday 28 May 2013

Brief 3: Changes to the Large packaging

I got some feedback on the brown packaging with the colour strips and asked how I could make it smarter. The general opinion was that the colour gradients were the problem and unnessary. The next step was to go back to the basics; to focus purely on the stock, the strips had to be the same colour as the logo; black.

Another suggestion was to use imagery / icons for the food instead of typography, to have a bit of variation and balance, as well as being more visually engaging. A simple change that had a very positive effect on my design.


I still wanted to keep a bit of colour in the design so I kept the colour in the gradient and kept the small typographic label on the front of the design 

I traced a vectored a few images on illustrator, keeping them very basic and as line drawings; finer lines look more sophisticated. 



This is the new range of labes. In the end I decided to change the back label to being black so it was the same at the front labels, and made the overall packaging design much smarter and more uniform. 
I ended up replacing the logo at the bottom of the tag with the flavour of the pie as there were too many logos in too close-a proximity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment